Friday 24 August 2007

Funny Games

For a long time, I have wondered what a novel written by me would look like. My best guess is that it would look like some tenth rate Beckett.

On occasion I have also pondered what the result might be if I turned my hand to making music, but I am yet to come up with a satisfactory answer.

I had never really considered what a film made by me would look like, until I saw Funny Games a few days ago.



There is a half-decent piece here about it. The parallels with A Clockwork Orange are obvious, and I am rather disappointed that I did not consider the Brechtian angle, especially given its general verfremdungs-ness. There might also be profit in considering the film in relation to the plays of Pinter, but that is well beyond my capabilities.

1 comment:

gamaza said...

Funny videos or funny games are a great way to enhance the mood when you're able to go back in time and relive the moment that brought laughter to your heart.

funny games